Warady & Davis LLP stands in solidarity against racism, injustice and hate.
Diversity and Inclusion
For Warady & Davis LLP, diversity & inclusion are more than just words. They’re the principles guiding how we create a firm that’s the best fit for every person inside of it. Most importantly, it’s the right thing to do for the W&D family, our clients and the world as a whole.
W&D’s “mission is your success.” When we say “your,” we mean both our clients and our people. We want our team to feel appreciated and free to be who they are at work so they can be their best for you. So we’re strengthening our culture where differences are valued. Where there is a deep sense of pride, passion and belonging and a shared commitment to excellence, and social responsibility. Different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger team that delivers better results.
W&D is committed to preventing discrimination against people regardless of gender, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and identity or expression, age, behavioral and mental health, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we’ve created a Diversity & Inclusion Committee that focuses on education, empowerment and community outreach.
W&D Celebrates Black History Month – February, 2021
For all of us to understand how we got to where we are today in America, it is important that we understand our past. This includes recognizing the contributions of Black Americans and their descendants to the United States, Europe and the world.
This month we celebrate some of those stories of world shaping individuals and momentous events. Black history is a story well worth knowing.
W&D Diversity & Inclusion Committee Black History Month Communications:
- The importance of Black American history and contributions – VIEW. February 1, 2021
- Black American History Timeline Snapshot: Early History – VIEW. February 3, 2021
- The Roots of Soul Food: Chicago-area black-owned restaurant recommendations, recipes and more – VIEW. February 5, 2021
- Black inventors, inventions and little known facts – VIEW. February 8, 2021
- Black American History Timeline Snapshot: Civil War and Jim Crow Era – VIEW. February 10, 2021
- Great Reads for All Ages – Black History Month – VIEW. February 12, 2021
- Influential Black Americans – VIEW. February 15, 2021
- Black American History Timeline Snapshot: Civil Rights Era through 1970s – VIEW. February 10, 2021
- 11 Ways to Support Black Lives If You Can’t Go to a Protest.
- CNN partners with “Sesame Street” for Coming Together: Standing Up to Racism, a town hall for kids and families. Watch the town hall in its entirety HERE.
- Sharing News with Children (NY Times)
- Talking to Kids about Race & Racism (Parent Toolkit)
- Talking to Children After Racial Incidents (University of Pennsylvania)
- Talking with Children About Racism, Police Brutality and Protests (Aha! Parenting)
- George Floyd. Ahmaud Arbery. Breonna Taylor. What do we tell our children? (USA Today)
- 31 Children’s book to support conversation on race, racism & resistance