UPDATE: The IRS announced that the individual tax filing and payment deadline is extended to Monday, May 17, 2021 (originally April 15, 2021). Illinois has also extended the individual filing and payment deadline to May 17, 2021. Other states are expected to follow Federal guidance.
IMPORTANT NOTE: At this time trusts, C-corporations and 2021 first quarter estimates (both Federal and Illinois) are still due April 15, 2021.
Federal and State Tax Filing Update
If you have already submitted your 2020 tax filing information, thank you. We will be in touch with questions and timing. If you have not yet submitted your 2020 filing year information, we strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible.
- Continue to gather and submit to W&D your tax data based on the April 15th deadline. This will provide you with the most clarity around the options available to you. If you plan to go on extension, please also let us know as soon as possible.
- Submit documents electronically through the W&D secure client portal. The W&D secure client portal is available on www.waradydavis.com under “Client Login” or click HERE. Your username is your e-mail. You will be prompted to enter your password. If you do not recall your password, click on “forgot password”. If you do not have a portal or are having difficulty accessing, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Submit documents by mail. We continue to recommend that you use a mail delivery service with tracking (such as FEDEX, UPS or US Priority Mail) to send important tax documents and other communications. We are continuing to monitor all mail and deliveries to ensure your information is received.
- Office document drop-off and pick-up is available at our Deerfield location in the 3rd floor elevator lobby. Only firm members are permitted access to the Warady & Davis LLP office suite.
- W&D meetings. Meetings with your W&D advisors will continue to be held via zoom video conferencing and phone. For safety reasons, on-site meetings are not available at Warady & Davis LLP offices at this time.
- In-person meetings at your location may be available on an as requested basis.
How to Reach Your W&D Advisor
- Phone. As always, you may contact us by calling 847-267-9600. Our receptionist will be happy to assist you or you may leave a voicemail. W&D team members are automatically notified when voicemail messages are received.
- e-mail. The entire W&D team is available by email. If you are not sure of the correct email address, you may send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name so we can make sure your message reaches the correct person.
We are continuing to make every effort to ensure your needs are met with the service excellence and timeliness you deserve while protecting the health and safety of all.
W&D’s Coronavirus Resource Center provides relevant tax updates and other helpful information. This content is continuously updated.
W&D advisors can offer you many proactive strategies, even under the most trying circumstances. As we have throughout the pandemic, we will continue to send you updates as the situation evolves and new relief options become available. .
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and wish good health for you, your families and your communities. Please continue to reach out to us with any questions or concerns at 847-267-9600. And most importantly, be well.
WARADY & DAVIS LLP and W&D Consulting LLC
1717 Deerfield Rd, Suite 300 S, Deerfield IL, 60015