Audit & Accounting Professionals: Supervisor / Manager
As one of the top 25 CPA firms in the Chicago land area and a Great Lakes Regional Leader (Source: Crain’s Chicago Business and Accounting Today 2020), Warady & Davis LLP is dedicated to helping our clients & people succeed. We offer an outstanding career path, significant growth & income potential and excellent, comprehensive benefits.
We are seeking an experienced audit & accounting professional to join our team and play a key role in the growth of our not-for-profit practice and other areas. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding professional environment where you will have opportunity for advancement through partner and your talent will be respected and developed, Warady & Davis LLP is THE RIGHT CHOICE©.
With us, you have the opportunity to gain knowledge, responsibility and grow professionally at a fast rate.
Job duties include:
- Direct staff accountants as part of not-for-profit client engagement teams.
- Develop and train staff.
- Serve as the Engagement Lead on specific not-for-profit and other client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable.
- Develop a detailed engagement work plan, budgets and schedules. Monitor project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to Managers and/or Partners.
- Develop a professional relationship with the client. Gain the respect and confidence of the client by consistently demonstrating superior client service, quality work products, and professional integrity.
- Serve as a point-of-contact to the client. Ensure that the client is fully informed of engagement progress, logistics, and delivery dates.
- Formulate audit approach and tailor appropriate audit programs.
- Review and/or prepare financial statements, footnotes, workpapers, tax returns, management letters, agreed-upon procedures, and other attestation engagements.
- Demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations.
- Effectively analyze client transactions and unusual situations.
- Recognize and resolve potential and/or existing problems with appropriate research and consulting if necessary.
- Manage audit and accounting process (to include resource allocation and budgeting, billing, and collection), submit requests to schedule staff, deliver work products on time and within scope, and communicate engagement status to Warady & Davis LLP management.
- Communicate periodically with client following the completion of the engagement to ensure client satisfaction.
- Prepare Form 990 and business returns as part of audit engagements.
- BS/MAS Degree
- CPA preferred
- Not-for-Profit specialization/knowledge
- Taxation knowledge
- Minimum 5-7+ year’s public accounting firm audit and tax experience
The bottom line is that at W&D, we know what’s important in life:
- Work that is satisfying & rewarding.
- Excellent, competitive compensation & benefits.
- Outstanding advancement opportunities.
- People who are open & supportive.
- Surroundings that give you the freedom & opportunity to succeed.
- A chance to make a difference.
- A great team built on friendships.
- The opportunity to have your opinions heard and respected by management.
- A balance of hard work & fun. Year-round, we host parties & events that celebrate a sense of family & team spirit.
- Leading paperless office & other technology to enhance your efficiency.
- A professional development curriculum designed to continually build your technical & management skills.
- Business casual attire.
- Year-round flexible scheduling and summer Fridays.
W&D has enjoyed impressive growth over the last 70+ years and together with W&D Consulting LLC, we look forward to continued profitable expansion. As a member of the Warady & Davis team, you will have many advantages including: a comprehensive, hands-on training program, direct client and Partner contact, diverse work and industry exposure, and outstanding salary and benefits, to name a few. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to become a key player in our firm – and our clients’ – success.
We are proud to be named a “100 Best Accounting Firms to Work for” nationally by Accounting Today, a “Best Place to Work for Millennials” in America by Best Companies and The Center for Generational Kinetics, and a “Best Place to Work in Illinois” by The Daily Herald. Together we create an exceptional, cohesive team of people who are passionate about what we do and are committed to our clients’ success and to each other.