Angela is a Partner in Warady & Davis LLP’s tax practice. She has 29 years of public accounting experience and significant expertise in Federal tax research, planning and compliance issues related to partnership taxation with a specialization in closely-held family owned businesses, commercial and residential real estate and technology.
Prior to joining Warady & Davis LLP, Angela acted as a senior tax manager for BDO Seidman LLP in Kalamazoo, Michigan where she served primarily partnership clients of the Western Michigan region. Angela also acted as Vice-President of the tax department for McKinley Associates, Inc., a leading Michigan developer, owner and operator of commercial and residential real estate. In this capacity, she managed tax requirements for partnership, corporate and individual taxpayers owning commercial and residential rental real estate located throughout the United States.
Areas of Specialization
- Real estate like-kind exchange transactions under Sec. 1031
- Partnership liability sharing rules
- Partnership restructuring transactions
- Cost segregation
- Revaluation of partnership assets under Sec. 704
- Family Limited Partnership/LLC
- Nonresident state income tax withholding requirements
- Alternative minimum tax
- Passive activity loss rules
- Partnership allocation issues
- Tiered partnerships
- Family owned partnerships
- 754 basis adjustments
Professional & Civic Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Michigan Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- MSI Legal & Accounting Network Worldwide
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in accounting from Western Michigan University.
- C.P.A. license in the states of Illinois Michigan.