Alan Russo has 37 years of corporate, partnership and individual tax and general business expertise. Prior to merging with Warady & Davis LLP (W&D), Alan was the Managing Partner of Goettsche, Tranen, Winter & Russo (GTW&R).
Alan joined Goettsche, Tranen, Winter & Russo in 1987 as a tax manager, and became tax partner of the Firm in 1991. Upon graduation from business school, Alan worked at Arthur Andersen & Co. on their tax staff and was promoted on a fast track to tax manager in 1985.
Areas of Specialization
Alan’s areas of specialization include tax compliance, tax research and tax planning projects for both companies and individuals. His background encompasses both publicly traded and privately held companies and domestic as well as foreign tax matters and tax research. Additional areas of expertise include multi-state tax issues and the successful representation of clients before the IRS and various State authorities with respect to income and sales tax audits.
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Illinois CPA Society
Community & Business Involvement:
• Past Treasurer of North Suburban Synagogue Beth El
• Masters of Management in Finance and Accounting from J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mathematics from Colgate University
• Licensed CPA in the State of Illinois