Lawrence D. Silverman is a Partner in the certified public accounting and consulting firm of Warady & Davis LLP. In this capacity, he directs, oversees and manages accounting, tax and consulting services for his clients. With 40+ years of experience, Larry has in-depth expertise primarily in representation of closely-held operating businesses and professional practices including health care practitioners, attorneys, law firms, engineering firms, graphic designers and similar businesses. He also has expertise in the metal processing, fabrication and manufacturing industry and in real estate. In addition, his clients include high net worth individuals. Mr. Silverman’s former positions included:
- Partner in the public accounting firm of Steinberger, Silverman & Company LLP
- Corporate Tax Director of TSC Industries, Inc., Chicago, Illinois
- Tax supervisor with J.K. Lasser, Chicago, Illinois
- Staff auditor and tax senior with Ernst & Ernst, in Chicago, Illinois and Raphael & Raphael, in Boston, Massachusetts.
Areas of Specialization
Larry’s areas of technical expertise include tax planning and consulting to owners of closely held businesses and high net worth individuals. He conducts due diligence analysis, and provides divorce litigation support services, expert witness testimony and business valuations. Larry has also worked extensively in Internal Revenue Service examinations and negotiations.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- MSI Global Alliance
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Massachusetts
- Licensed C.P.A. in the state of Illinois
“It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.”