Since 1985, Mark Thomas, CPA, CFE, Partner, has specialized in providing privately-held and family-owned businesses with accounting, tax, consulting and forensic services. Serving a wide variety of clients, large and small, in many industries – including manufacturers and distributors, employee benefit plans and construction contractors – Mark’s strengths lie in his creative ability to objectively analyze and assess client needs and situations. Mark offers suggestions and ideas that make his clients’ businesses and lives more profitable and efficient.
Mark’s consultations center on his client’s business needs and include discussions on tax planning, strategic planning, management challenges, due diligence, internal controls, forensic services, and business succession, retirement, estate and financial planning.
Mark also served on the firm’s Executive Committee, which is responsible for the strategic direction of the firm and the Business Development team where he takes a leadership role in the firm’s growth and marketing initiatives for his area(s) of specialty including forensic and litigation services, employee benefit plans and manufacturers and distributors.
Areas of Specialization
Audit and accounting, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, entity formation, estate planning, overall tax planning, benefit planning, short and long range strategic planning, financial planning, as well as general business and tax consulting services.
Areas of forensic expertise include:
- Investigation of fraud claims on behalf of clients
- Audit and review of financial documents for the purpose of determining sources of monetary loss
- Provide detailed reports and evidentiary support to law enforcement and affiliated parties
- Development of internal control structure, processes and procedures
- Agreed upon procedures and specialized engagements
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- MSI Global Alliance
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, DePaul University of Chicago
- C.P.A. license in the state of Illinois
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
“Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.”