Richard Breseman is a Partner in the Audit Department of Warady & Davis LLP. His experience is primarily in representation of closely-held operating businesses. For over 20 years, Rick has provided audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, real estate construction, homebuilding, not-for-profit, oil and gas and numerous service industries. His consulting activities include litigation support and expert witness testimony, forensic investigation and analysis, acquisition and disposition due diligence, entity formation, buy/sell agreements, estate and overall tax planning, benefit planning, analysis and control of costs and gross profits, budgeting, short and long range strategic planning as well as general business and tax consulting.
Areas of Specialization
- Perform and direct numerous audits, reviews and compilations of closely-held businesses, including tax planning and preparation and consulting to owners.
- Testify as an expert witness in civic litigation matters.
- Perform numerous collateral audits for several lenders with asset based loans and high-risk credits.
- Assist clients and their representatives in arbitration/litigation matters generally related to real estate common area maintenance calculations and billing disputes.
- Performed numerous acquisition and disposition due diligence engagements for clients in a wide variety of industries.
- Performed numerous fraud investigations for investors and business owners.
- Serve as an accounting firm Peer Reviewer and assist the firm’s Director of Quality Control in maintaining high standards in firm practice and peer review.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- MSI Global Alliance
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Drake University, Iowa
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Drake University, Iowa
- Licensed CPA in the State of Illinois
“We’re in business first and foremost to serve the needs and desires of our clients.”