W&D Coronavirus Resource Center
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing challenges for businesses across the U.S. We have compiled a list of resources to help business owners, management and individuals navigate this unprecedented situation.
This list will be updated regularly as the situation evolves and new relief initiatives are announced. Last Updated June 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Federal Coronavirus Relief
Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act
The $484 billion legislation, which is being referred to as the Interim Stimulus Plan, amends the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act enacted in late March. Among other things, it provides additional funding to two loan programs designed to help small businesses slammed by the economic shutdown. READ MORE.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES)
CARES was signed into law on March 27, 2020. The $2 trillion CARES act includes thousands of dollars in direct payments to most Americans, and significant loan packages designed to help keep small businesses and corporations afloat.
- What’s in the CARES Act for Individuals?
- What’s in the CARES act for you and your business.
- What’s in the CARES Act for Nonprofits?
- CARES Act Makes Favorable Changes to Qualified Improvement Property
- NEW: PPP Loan Forgiveness Just Became Easier 6.4.2020
- New PPP Loan Forgiveness Guidance and Possible Congressional Changes 5.26.2020
- Treasury & SBA Release PPP Loan Forgiveness Application and Instructions. 5.18.2020
- Treasury & SBA Release Favorable Guidance for Economic Need Certification Requirement. 5.13.2020
- IRS Issues Guidance on the Ability to Deduct PPP Forgiven Expenses
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Frequently Asked Questions. 4.25.2020
- Interim Stimulus Plan Provides Round Two of PPP and EIDL Funding. 4.25.2020
- PPP Loan Forgiveness. 4.20.2020
- PPP and EIDL Loans On Hold. What’s Next? 4.20.2020
- PPP Program for Self-Employed and Independent Contractors Updated 4.20.2020
- SBA Issues PPP Frequently Asked Questions; Gives Favorable Answers. 4.7.2020
- SBA & US Treasury Frequently Asked Questions. Released late evening 4.6.2020
- SBA Answers More Key PPP Questions UPDATED; 4.4.2020 with Additional SBA Guidance
- Answers to More CARES Act Emergency Loan Questions 4.2.2020
- Q&A for CARES Act Emergency Loans – Round 1
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
FFCRA was signed into law on March 18, 2020 and responds to the growing health and economic crises with provisions for paid sick leave, free testing, expanded unemployment benefits and more.
- UPDATE: 3.26.2020 – DOL Issues Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA) and Emergency Family Medical Leave Act (EFMLA) Guidance. DOL guidance provides good news for employers struggling with state ordered closures. It appears based on guidance that employers do NOT have to pay two weeks EPSLA due to lay-offs or state ordered closures either before or after FFCRA effective date (April 1, 2020). Instead, employees may be eligible for expanded unemployment benefits
- UPDATED: Business Owner Q&A – New COVID-19 Employer Requirements
- The SBA Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application and New Guidance. 5.27.2020 VIEW LIVE RECORDING.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Updates and Best Practices. 5.6.2020. VIEW LIVE RECORDING
- COVID-19 Stimulus and Other Options for Not-for-Profits. 4.23.2020. VIEW LIVE RECORDING
- COVID-19 STIMULUS – WHAT’S AVAILABLE FOR YOU? CARES Act Individual Provisions for You and Your Employees. 4.9.2020 VIEW LIVE RECORDING
- COVID-19 Business Loans & Disaster Relief – New CARES Act Paycheck Protection Info and How to Apply. 4.1.2020 VIEW LIVE RECORDING
Financial Resources and Loan Assistance
We have compiled a comprehensive, summarized list of COVID-19 emergency business loan assistance and disaster relief assistance at the Federal, State and City level. VIEW HERE.
Loan & Disaster Relief Programs
- NEW: SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness Application & Instructions
- NEW: Federal Reserve’s Main Street Lending Program Update
- NEW: Illinois COVID-19 Relief Programs Update
- SBA Provides PPP Maximum Loan Calculation Formulas by Business Type
- The US Department of the Treasury Issues Guidance on Paycheck Protection Program Including How to Apply
- Q&A for CARES Act Emergency Loans – Apply Now
- CARES Act Small Business Emergency Loans
- Illinois Department of Commerce Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance
- Disaster Assistance Loans from the Small Business Administration – SBA
- City of Chicago offering small business loan program – Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund
Lay-offs and Business Continuity Planning
- UPDATED WITH DOL GUIDANCE 3.26.2020: COVID-19 Employee Lay-Off Questions & Answers
- Business Continuity Planning (Provided by AON)
State Level Assistance
Since each state’s plan to assist businesses varies, the best thing business owners can do is check with their local governor’s office for the latest on state specific assistance, resources and updates. You can also check in with local small business organizations and agencies. Here is a list of state- and local-level small business resources to consult:
- NEW Treasury, IRS Unveil Online Applications to Help With Economic Impact Payments
- NEW 3.25.2020 – Illinois Delays Tax Deadline to July 15th; Important Federal Reminders
- IRS Issues Guidance for COVID-19 Tax Relief and the April 15th Deadline
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief Center (IRS)
- AICPA Coronavirus Resource Center (AICPA)
Resources for Employers
- NEW: Are You or Your Employees Eligible for Unemployment Insurance? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Illinois Emergency Unemployment Benefits for workers who unemployment is attributable to COVID-19 – IDES
- How to apply for Illinois unemployment
Responding to Coronavirus
- Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease – CDC
- Coronavirus Q&A for Employers – MRA
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): What You Should Know – CDC
- US Chamber of Congress Coronavirus Response Tool Kit – UCC
Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Compensation Guidelines During the Cornoavirus Pandemic – MRA
- COVID-19: Wage and Hour Questions and Answers – DOL
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 – OSHA
- Plan Now for Coronavirus to Avoid Disruptions and Promote Safe Practices – CCH Wolters Kluwer
- Our People – Resources for Employees (Link to Convergence Coaching Coronavirus Resource Center)
Midwest State Health Resources
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Minnesota Department of Health
Legal Notice: The materials communicated in this transmission are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing accounting, legal or investment advice. You should contact your accountant or advisor to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an accountant-client relationship between Warady & Davis and the user or browser. You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel on your specific matter. Any accounting, business or tax advice contained in this communication is not a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. If desired, Warady & Davis would be pleased to perform the requisite research and provide you with a detailed written analysis. Such an engagement may be the subject of a separate engagement letter that would define the scope and limits of the desired consultation services. © 2020 All Rights Reserved.