Estate, Gift and Generation Skipping Transfer Planning
Gift, estate and generation skipping transfer planning is critical to ensure that a person’s property passes according to his/her wishes, in a form and manner which is consistent with family and business goals and with the minimum possible loss to gift and estate taxes.
Our goal is to help you achieve the most advantageous future financial position. W&D’s estate and succession planning professionals help address the following areas:
- Reviewing existing wills and trusts
- Developing lifetime gifting programs
- Assessing generation-skipping transfers
- Evaluating charitable gifting options and techniques
- Assessing retirement strategies
- Determining distribution plans for IRAs, 401(k) and qualified plans
W&D’s estate tax planning services include:
- Developing efficient gifting strategies to meet both family and philanthropic goals
- Identifying appropriate uses for a variety of trusts and ensuring proper implementation
- Reviewing all estate-related documents (wills, trusts, etc.) to ensure estate tax efficiency and compliance with client wishes
- Assisting with all gift and estate tax-related compliance services, including preparation of Form 706, Form 709, Form 1041, Form IH-6, etc.
Business succession planning
W&D has in-depth experience with helping businesses transition from one generation to the next. Learn More.